WHAT WE DO
A Greater Applegate is engaged with people across the Applegate watershed to envision and create our community’s future. A Greater Applegate’s Board of Directors, committee members, and volunteers are working together to make a stronger, more connected, and greater Applegate. In 2018 our organization:
- Expanded our role from Park Stewards to Community Builders and began doing business as A Greater Applegate (AGA), formerly known as Greater Applegate Community Development Corporation. A Greater Applegate embraced its new mission with new committees, new leadership, and a new Community Builder Partnership Grant from The Ford Family Foundation.
- Launched Applegate Valley Connect, a free community website supported by The Ford Family Foundation, featuring a calendar, local business and organization directory, volunteer opportunity portal, and much more.
- Created the Applegate Valley Nonprofit Network to provide a space for our local nonprofit organizations to learn from each other, pursue collective interests, and increase our impact through community building.
- Hosted the Golden Jubilee, Cantrall Buckley Park’s 50th anniversary. This event gathered 1,000 people to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the park, engaging 75 volunteers and 50 local vendors and exhibitors.
- Enhanced Cantrall Buckley Park by focusing on new park improvements, such as solar education, integrated art, and increased engagement with schools and families.
A Greater Applegate is strategically developing essential internal organizational capacity while outreaching to the community, actively listening to learn, and planning together to create change.