Momentum Grants have a new name: Innovation Grants. The new name reflects new funding from the USDA Rural Development Rural Placemaking Challenge, matched by ongoing funding from The Ford Family Foundation. For 2022 and 2023, total community grant awards will increase from $5,000 to $10,000. The other significant change is that all proposed projects must align with one or more of the 25 community priorities listed on the accompanying graphic. vision.png Go to the Applegate Valley Vision section for more information about the priorities.
Guidelines will be released in August and proposals will be due September 30th. Awards will be announced mid-October.
2021 Momentum Grant Awardees:
- Applegate Evening Market to promote the market and improve market infrastructure.
- Applegate Volunteer Fire Association to provide signage and safety equipment along Applegate River.
- Applegater News Magazine to publish a local history book, Back in Time.
- Female Agricultural Entrepreneurs in Applegate to fund a startup event to support women in agriculture.
- McKee Bridge Historical Society to develop and install history displays at libraries and local events.
- Siskiyou Upland Trails Association to create a new website showing trail system and informative articles.
- Williams Community Forest Project to purchase a drone to document wilderness area.
2020 Momentum Grant Awardees:
A Greater Applegate is pleased to have awarded the following Momentum Grants for 2020:
- Applegater Newsmagazine to support production and distribution of one issue of the paper.
- AGA Community Wellness Group to put on a community healing event.
- Applegate Partnership and Watershed Council to implement informative signage over at the Provolt Seed Orchard site.
- Pipefork Creek Project to develop and distribute outreach and educational materials regarding the group’s effort to purchase pieces of land from the county for ecological protection.
- Well Water Wellness to purchase a 3-D simulated groundwater model which would be housed in Ruch Outdoor Community School and be available to Applegate Valley Schools for groundwater education.
- McKee Bridge Historical Society to clean and maintain grave markers at Logtown Cemetery.
- Pacifica: A Garden in the Siskiyous to support outreach opportunities as a requirement of an amended Conditional Use Permit (CUP).
- Wanderlust Theater to support the 2021 production of Dracula in the Applegate Valley.